Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Starting Line

So this is where it starts, I have no idea what I'm doing but have read enough blogs to get a rough idea. I never had anything interesting to say; I wasn't a preschool teacher, didn't need to keep my family back home in touch, and I wasn't a YouTube star. But now I figured it out with some help from my girlfriend. This is the start of my training program for my first ever triathlon.

I'm 23, working a part-time job that's fun but not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. I say I'm on a break from school but in reality I've been academically disqualified and the amount of money it would take to get back in is too much in my opinion for a piece of paper that might not do me much good in the real world.

I've been saying that I would try to get more active and this is definitely going to get me there. I'm by no means a couch potato, I love riding my bike and use it to commute to work when convenient and I play in an adult kickball league on the weekends. Doesn't seem like much when I write it down but it's enough to keep me at a consistent weight, and I'm happy with my appearance (although it could use a little work).


I don't know exactly how often I'll post on here but I'll try to at least once a week (we'll see how that goes).

No comments:

Post a Comment